Sarkari Job e Portal
Staff Selection Commission (SSC)
|Common recruitment process 2020 for SSC Stenographer Grade ‘C’ and ‘D’|
SSC Stenographer grade C & D New Exam Date 2020.SSC Stenographer Grade ‘C’ and ‘D’ Online Form 2020. Staff Selection Commission SSC invites online applications from eligible candidates possessing minimum qualifications required for SSC Steno Grade ‘C’ and ‘D’ posts .All eligible candidates,those who are interested to join SSC Steno grapher Grade ‘C’ and ‘D’ post can apply here .
|Last date for apply||18/10/2019|
|Pay Exam fee last Date||18/10/2019|
|Exam Date Paper I||16/11/2020 to 20/11/2020|
|Exam Date Skill test||Notified Soon|
|Admit Card Available||08/11/2020|
The candidate should meet the following eligibility criteria for the SSC Stenographer Grade ‘C’ and ‘D’posts
candidate must be either-
- a citizen of India.
- a subject of Nepal
- a subject of Bhutan.
- a Tibetan refugee who came over to India, before the 1st January,1962, with the intention of permanently settling in India.
- a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania(Formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar),Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
For Steno Grade ‘C’ and ‘D
- The candidates must have passed 12th Standard or equivalent examination from a recognized Board or University in India.
Steno Group D Transcription
- English-50 minutes | Hindi 65 minutes
Steno Group C Transcription
- English -50 minutes | Hindi 65 minutes
Age Limit–as on 01/01/2021
For Steno Grade C
- Minimum : 18 Years
- Maximum : 30Years
For Steno Grade D
- Minimum : 18 Years
- Maximum : 27 Years
Age relaxation to different category is according to SSC Stenographer Grade ‘C’ and ‘D recruitment rules.
|Code No.||Category||Age-relaxation permissible beyond the upper age limit|
|01||SC/ ST||5 years|
|03||PwD (Unreserved)||10 years|
|04||PwD (OBC)||13 Years|
|05||PwD (SC/ST)||15 Years|
|06||Ex-Servicemen (ESM)||03 years after deduction of the military service rendered from the actual age as on closing date of receipt of online application|
|07||Candidates who had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from 1st January 1980 to 31st December 1989||05 Years|
|08||Defence Personnel disabled in operation during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof||03 Years|
|09||Defence Personnel disabled in operation during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof (SC/ ST).||08 Years|
|10||Central Government Civilian Employees: Who have rendered not less than 3 years regular and continuous service as on closing date for receipt of online applications||Up to 40 years of age
|11||Central Government Civilian Employees: Who have rendered not less than 3 years regular and continuous service as on closing date for receipt of online applications (SC/ ST).||Up to 45 years of age|
|12||Widows/ Divorced Women/ Women judicially separated and who are not remarried.||Up to 35 years of age|
|13||Widows/ Divorced Women/ Women judicially separated and who are not remarried (SC/ ST).||Up to 40 years of age|
Only male candidates are eligible for the post of Stenographer Grade ‘D’ in the Border Roads Organization (BRO).
- (GEN/OBC/EWS) : 100/-
- SC / ST /PwBD/ESM : 0/-
- All category female : 0/-
- Pay the Examination Fee through BHIM UPI, Net Banking, by using Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, RuPay Credit or Debit cards or in cash at SBI Branches by generating SBI Challan.
Vacancy details :
Vacancies for the stenographer will be determined in due course. Updated steno grade C and D vacancy position will be uploaded on the website of the Commission from time to time on ssc official website.
About The Exam :
The SSC stenographer group C and D examination has
Objective (MCQs) Written computer based Test (CBT)
|Name of Test||No. of
|Maximum Marks||Total Duration|
|General Intelligence &
|50||50||A composite time of 2 hours|
|General Awareness||50||50||is for all candidates (Except candidates having|
|English Language and Comprehension||100||100||scribe, they will be given 2 hours 40 minutes time|
There is negative negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer.
Minimum required qualifying marks in written examination for stenographer grade C and D.
- GEN – 30%
- OBC/EWS – 25%
- All other categories (SC, ST, PwD, ESM, etc)- 20%
Skill Test in Stenogaphy-
- The candidates will be given one dictation for 10 minutes in English or Hindi (as opted by the candidates in the online Application Form).
- Skill Test is mandatory for stenographer but qualifying in nature.
- The required speed is of 100 word per minute (w.p.m) for the post of Steno Grade C and 80 w.p.m. for the post of Steno Grade D.
- The matter will have to be transcribed on computer.
|Post||Language of Skill Test||Time Duration (in minutes)||Time Duration (in minutes) for the candidates who are allowed use of scribe|
|Stenographer Grade D||English||50||70|
|Stenographer Grade D||Hindi||65||90|
|Stenographer Grade C||English||40||55|
|Stenographer Grade C||Hindi||55||75|
- Candidates choiced to take the Stenography Test in Hindi will be required to learn English Stenography and vice versa after their appointment, failing which their probation may not be cleared by appointing departments
- The Skill Test will be held at the Commission‟s Regional/ Sub Regional Offices or at other Centre(s).
Physical Standard Test (PST) and Physical Endurance Test (PET) Physical Efficiency Test for the Posts of Steno Grade ‘D’ in Border Roads Organization (BRO).
PST/ PET will not carry any marks but will be of qualifying/ elimination nature.
Physical Standard Test (for all Posts): The category and region wise physical criteria is given in the notification
Physical Endurance/Efficiency Test (PET) (For BRO posts):
|ACTIVITY||MAXIMUM MARKS||TIME AVAILABLE|
|ONE MILE RUN||ONLY PASSING THE TEST IS MANDATORY||10 minutes|
Candidates qualifying through SSC will have to mandatorily pass the test in one mile run at GREF Centre, Pune to undergo further medical examination.
- All the candidates who qualify in Skill test and physical test held at SSC will be medically examined by the Medical Officer of the CAPFs or any other Medical Officer or Assistant Surgeon belonging to Grade-I of any Central/ State Govt. Hospital or Dispensary.
- Eye sight:The minimum near vision should be N6 (better eye) and N9 (worse eye).
- candidate must not have knock knee, flat foot, varicose vein or squint in eyes and they should possess high colour vision.
- They must be in good mental and bodily health and free from any physical defect likely to interfere with the efficient performance of the duties.
Tattoo : Tattoos will be allowed as per following stipulations only
Content : Tattoo depicting religious symbol or figures and the name, as followed in Indian Army are permitted
Location : Tattoos marked on traditional sites of the body like inner aspect of forearm but only left forearm, being non saluting limb or dorsum of the hands will be allowed.
Size: Size must be less than ¼ of the particular part (Elbow or Hand) of the body
At the time of SSC Steno Grade C and D exam-
- In addition to the Admit Card, it is mandatory to carry at least two passport size recent colour photographs, Original valid Photo-ID proof having the Date of Birth as printed on the Admit Card.
- Aadhaar Card/ Printout of E-Aadhaar, Voter‟s ID Card, Driving License, PAN Card, Passport, ID Card issued by University/ College/ School, Employer ID Card (Govt./ PSU), Ex-serviceman Discharge Book issued by Ministry of Defence. Any other photo bearing valid ID card issued by the Central/ State Government.
- If Photo Identity Card does not have the date of birth printed on it then the candidate must carry an additional original document (e.g. Matriculation Certificate, Marks Sheet issued only by CBSE/ ICSE/ State Boards; Birth Certificate, Category Certificate) in proof of their date of birth.
- PwD candidates using the facility of scribes required to carry required Medical Certificate/ Undertaking/ Photocopy of the Scribe‟s Photo ID Proof, .
EXAM CENTRES for SSC steno grade C and D-
Northern Region (NR)/ Delhi, Rajasthan and Uttarakhand-
Delhi (2201), Ajmer (2401), Alwar (2402), Bharatpur (2403), Bikaner (2404), Jaipur (2405), Jodhpur (2406), Kota (2407), Sriganganagar (2408), Udaipur (2409), Sikar (2411), Dehradun (2002), Haldwani (2003), Haridwar (2005), Roorkee (2006).
Central Region UP & Bihar –
Bhagalpur (3201), Darbhanga (3202), Muzaffarpur (3205), Patna (3206), Purnea (3209), Agra (3001), Bareilly (3005), Gorakhpur (3007), Jhansi (3008), Kanpur (3009), Lucknow (3010), Meerut (3011), Prayagraj (3003), Varanasi (3013).
Eastern Region (ER)/ Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Jharkhand, Odisha, Sikkim and West Bengal
Port Blair (4802), Ranchi (4205), Balasore (4601), Berhampore(Odisha) (4602), Bhubaneshwar (4604), Cuttack (4605), Dhenkenal (4611), Rourkela (4610), Sambalpur (4609), Gangtok (4001), Hooghly (4418), Kolkata (4410), Siliguri (4415).
Karnataka, Kerala Region (KKR)/ Lakshadweep, Karnataka and Kerala
Kavaratti(9401), Belagavi (9002), Bengaluru (9001), Hubballi (9011), Kalaburagi (Gulbarga) (9005), Mangaluru (9008), Mysuru (9009), Shivamogga (9010), Udupi (9012). Ernakulam (9213), Kannur (9202), Kollam (9210), Kottayam (9205), Kozhikode (9206), Thrissur (9212), Thiruvananthapuram (9211).
Madhya Pradesh Sub-Region (MPR)/ Chhattisgarh and Madhya Pradesh
Bilaspur (6202), Raipur (6204), Durg-Bhilai (6205), Bhopal (6001), Gwalior (6005), Indore (6006), Jabalpur (6007), Satna (6014), Sagar (6015), Ujjain (6016),
North Eastern Region (NER)/
Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur,Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland and Tripura.
Itanagar (5001), Dibrugarh (5102), Guwahati(Dispur) (5105), Jorhat (5107), Silchar (5111), Imphal (5501), Churachandpur (5502), Ukhrul (5503),Shillong (5401), Aizwal (5701), Kohima (5302), Agartala (5601).
North Western Sub-Region (NWR)/ Chandigarh, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir, Ladakh and Punjab
Chandigarh/ Mohali (1601), Hamirpur (1202), Shimla (1203), Jammu (1004), Samba (1010), Srinagar(J&K) (1007), Leh (1005), Amritsar (1404), Jalandhar (1402), Ludhiana (1405).
Southern Region (SR)/ Andhra Pradesh, Puducherry, Tamil Nadu and Telangana
Chirala (8011), Guntur (8001), Kakinada (8009), Kurnool (8003), Nellore (8010), Rajahmundry (8004), Tirupati (8006), Vizianagaram (8012), Vijaywada (8008), Vishakhapatnam (8007), Puducherry (8401), Chennai (8201), Coimbatore (8202), Madurai (8204), Salem (8205), Tiruchirapalli (8206), Tirunelveli (8207), Vellore (8208), Hyderabad (8601), Karimnagar (8604), Warangal (8603).
Western Region (WR)/ Dadra and Nagar Haveli, Daman and Diu, Goa, Gujarat and Maharashtra
Panaji (7801), Ahmedabad (7001), Anand (7011), Gandhinagar (7012), Mehsana (7013), Rajkot (7006), Surat (7007), Vadodara (7002), Amravati (7201), Aurangabad (7202), Jalgaon (7214), Kolhapur (7203), Mumbai (7204), Nagpur (7205), Nanded (7206), Nashik (7207), Pune (7208).
Documents required at the time of document verification before joining for ssc steno post
- Matriculation/ Secondary Certificate.
- Senior or Higher Secondary Educational Qualification Certificate.
- Order/ letter in respect of equivalent Educational Qualifications claimed, indicating the Authority (with number and date) under which it has been so treated, in respect of equivalent clause in Essential Qualifications, if a candidate is claiming a particular qualification as equivalent qualification.
- Caste/ Category Certificate, if belongs to reserved categories.
- Persons with Disabilities Certificate if applicable.
- Relevant Certificate if seeking any age relaxation.
- No Objection Certificate, in case already employed in Government/ Government undertaking.
How to Apply Online for SSC steno grade C or D post 2020
- SSC has released notification for SSC Stenographer Grade ‘C’ and ‘D’ posts Online Form 2020.
- One can apply between 17 /06/2020 to 16/07/2020 for SSC Stenographer Grade ‘C’ and ‘D’.
- Please read the notification before applying the SSC Stenographer Grade ‘C’ and ‘D’ form .
- Then check the eligibility,documents required like –
- Class X Certificate/Marksheet(DOB proof)
- Class XII Marksheet
- Class XII Certificate
- Diploma Marksheet
- Diploma Certificate
- Graduation Degree
- Graduation Mark-sheet
- Kindly ready documents like -Photo, Sign, Thumb etc.
- There are four steps in SSC stenographer form filling:-
- Step 1 : Registration
- Step 2 : Apply
- Step 3 : Submission
- Step 4 : Fee payment
- Take a printout of finally submitted SSC Steno Grade ‘C’ and ‘D’application form on A4 size paper .
- Keep the SSC Steno Grade ‘C’ and ‘D’ application form for future reference.
Some Important Useful Links
Download Stenographer Exam Notice
Download Admit Card (CR Region)
Link active on 08/11/2020
Download Admit Card (Other Region)
Link active on 08/11/2020
IBPS RRB Officer Scale I Online Form