Sarkari Job e Portal
Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India
|Passport Seva Apply| Passport Seva Renewal|
Passport Seva Online Form 2020.Apply for Passport Online. Also You can make renewal of old Passport .Therefore All those who are Indian citizens and are willing to Passport Seva register |Renewal of old passport can read the notification and apply here Online.
Passport definition: an official document provided by the government of a particular country which shows that the owner is a citizen of that country and allows that person to travel to foreign countries.
The Passport Seva (Passport Service) unit of the Consular, Passport & Visa (CPV) Division that is under Ministry of External Affairs functions is the central passport organisation, and is responsible for issuing Indian passports to all indian citizens on demand .
1)Identity Information Page
This is the Bio data page that contains the following information:
- Type: “P”- means “Personal”, “D”- means “Diplomatic”, “S”- means “Service”
- Country code: IND= India
- Passport number
- Given name(s)
- DOB-Date of birth
- Place of birth
- Place of issue
- Date of issue
- Date of expiry
- Photo of individual
- Ghost picture of the individual
- Signature of the individual
- This page ends with the Machine Readable Passport Zone (MRZ).
The last page is Demographics page which is at the end of the passport book & contains :
- Name of father or legal guardian
- Name of mother
- Name of spouse
- Old passport number
- File number
Each and every passports contain a note in Hindi and English, nominally from the President of India, addressing the authorities of all countries and territories:
“इसके द्वारा, भारत गणराज्य के राष्ट्रपति के नाम पर, उन सब से जिनका इस बात से सरोकार हो, यह प्रार्थना एवं अपेक्षा की जाती है कि वे वाहक को बिना रोक-टोक, स्वतंत्रतापूर्वक आने-जाने दें, और उसे हर प्रकार की ऐसी सहायता और सुरक्षा प्रदान करें जिसकी उसे आवश्यकता हो ।
- भारत गणराज्य के राष्ट्रपति के आदेश से”
“These are to request and require in the Name of the President of the Republic of India all those whom it may concern to allow the bearer to pass freely without let or hindrance, and to afford him or her, every assistance and protection of which he or she may stand in need.
- By order of the President of the Republic of India”
This note bearing page is stamped & signed by the issuing authority in the name of the President of the Republic of India.
Uses of Passport
The primary purpose of the Passport is to bring a universal identification to all citizens of a particular country.
- Helps in travelling abroad.
- Opening a new bank account.
- A new landline telephone connection / a mobile phone connection.
- Avail direct benefit transfer (DBT)
- Purchase of foreign currency.
Types of passport in India3 types of Indian Passport mainly
- Ordinary Passport –Dark Blue cover- issued to ordinary citizens for the ordinary travel. It is Type “P” , P means ” Personal”.
- Official Passport –White cover- issued to individuals of Indian government on official business. It is Type “S” , S means ” Service”.
- Diplomatic Passport–Maroon cover – issued to Indian diplomats, Members of Parliament, members of the Union Council of Ministers, certain high-ranking government officials and diplomatic couriers. It is Type” D” ,D means Diplomatic.
SVP & Passport SevaTatkal
Short Validity Passport (SVP) and Tatkaal Passports (for urgent needs) are also available and these are generally considered Ordinary Passports once issued.
- The applicant must be a citizen of India with the valid documents that is with a valid address, an identity of proof and date of birth.
- In case you are a minor, your parents can apply for the passport on your behalf.
- Minimum age : no minimum age.
- Maximum age : no maximum age
Passport Seva fees details
The Standard Passport Seva fees in India are as follows
- Fresh issuance or passport seva reissue fees, Validity- 10 years –Rs.1500.
- Fresh issuance or reissue of passport with large size,Validity- 10 years –Rs. 2000.
- First time applicant or passport seva renewal fees ‘tatkaal’ service ,Validity –10 years –Rs.3500.
- First time applicant or renewal ‘passport seva tatkal fees’ (large size) ,Validity 10 years –Rs.4000 .
- Fresh passport issuance for minors (below 18 years of Age) ,Validity –5 Years–Rs.1000 .
- Duplicate passport in case of lost, damaged or stolen passport-Rs.3000 .
- Duplicate passport (large size) in case of lost, damaged or stolen passport seva charges-Rs.3500 .
Indian passports can also be issued outside India, for which fees varies by country.
Passport Seva required documents for Application
1.Proof of Present Address-
Any one of the following
- Aadhaar Card
- Voter ID card
- Water Bill
- Telephone (landline or postpaid mobile bill)
- Electricity bill
- Gas connection bill
- Spouse’s passport copy-If available.
- Parent’s passport copy, in case of minors
- Rent Agreement
- Income Tax Assessment Order
- Certificate from Employer of company on letter head(Only public limited company)
- Bank Passbook copy of active account.
2.Proof of Date of Birth
Any one of the following-
- Aadhaar Card with full DOB
- PAN Card
- Voter ID Card with DOB -if available
- Birth Certificate issued by the Registrar of Births and Deaths or the Municipal Corporation or any other prescribed authority.
- Transfer/School leaving/Matriculation Certificate of individual issued by the school.
- Driving license with DOB
- A declaration given by the Head of the Orphanage/Child Care Home on their official letter head of the organization confirming the DOB of the applicant.
- 3. Documentary proof for any one of the Non-ECR categories
- 4. Birth Registration Certificate issued by Embassy/ High Commission/ Consulate of India
- 5. Old Passport in original with self-attested photocopy of its first two and last two pages-if applicable.
- 6. Passport of parents in original with self-attested photocopy of its first two and last two pages- for minors only.
- 7. Citizenship Certificate issued by Ministry of Home Affairs
- 8.Proof of refund of repatriation /deportation cost to Ministry of External Affairs-if any
- 9. Original Emergency Certificate/Seizure Memo issued by Airport Immigration Authorities on applicant’s arrival in India
- 10. Pension Payment Order
- 11. Cancelled Passport (if surrender certificate is not available), with a letter explaining why surrender certificate is not available
- 12.An attested copy of marriage certificate issued by Registrar of Marriage
- 13.Student Identity Card issued by Government Recognized Educational Institutions, in respect of full time courses-if applicable.
- 14. Bonafide Letter from authorized signatory of college (On official letter head of UGC recognized College)-if applicable.
- 15. Copy of child’s (Age>18) Passport , who is staying abroad (with page having parent’s name) for parent’s passport apply.
- 16.Attested photocopy of Passport of both or either parent-for minors only.
- 17.Proof of documents which eliminate the cause of issuance of Short Validity Passport (SVP)-if applicable.
- 18.Proof of going abroad for studies like Copy of college admission letter or Copy of application submitted for visa or Copy of bank loan paper etc
- 19.Self attested photocopy of the spouse’s Passport-if available.
- 20. Recent photograph
- 21. Affidavit stating the reason for change in Place of Birth .
If an applicant of the age of 18 years and above applies for a passport seva , submit any three of the documents listed below.
- Aadhaar Card
- Voter ID Card
- Service Photo Identity Card issued by State Government or Central Government, Public Sector Undertakings, local bodies or Public Limited Companies.
- SC/ST/OBC Certificate- if applicable.
- Arms License -if available.
- Pension Documents like- Pension Book/Pension Payment order issued to retired government employees, ex-servicemen’s Widow or Dependent Certificates, Old Age Pension Order.
- Last Passport issued (in case of re-issue only).
- Permanent Account Number (PAN).
- Bank Passbook or Kisan Passbook or Post Office Passbook.
- Student Photo ldentity Card issued by an Educational institution.
- Driving License (valid and within the jurisdiction of State of submission of applicant).
- Birth Certificate
- Ration Card.
If an applicant below the age of 18 years applies for a passport seva, submit any two of the documents below-
- Aadhaar Card
- Student Photo ldentity Card issued by an Educational lnstitution.
- Birth Certificate .
- Ration Card.
- PAN Card
How To Apply Online Passport Seva
- Click on register on passport seva online portal,enter details and submit.
- Login with the registered Login Id on the Passport Seva Online Portal .
- Click on link “Apply for Fresh Passport/Re-issue of Passport” and fill the details,then submit the form.
- Click on Pay and Schedule Appointment link and then make payment and book appointment at PSK/POPSK/PO(ie. nearest passport seva kendra).
- Print the Application Receipt form.
- Go to the Passport Seva Kendra (PSK)/Regional Passport Office (RPO) on the date of appointment booked, along with original documents.
Some Important Useful Links
Passport Seva apply online
Passport Seva Login
Passport Seva Appointment Check
Passport Seva application status
passport seva fees calculator
passport seva guidelines Booklet
passport seva website