About the Fellowship
In reverential memory of late President and Scientist Dr. A.P.J Abdul Kalam, TERRE Policy Centre, instituted the scheme for Dr. A.P.J Abdul Kalam Young Research Fellowship with the aim of distinguishing young Researchers from India with extraordinary promise and creativity who have made notable research contributions in the field of Environment protection. However, this fellowship has been solely managed and funded by TERRE. The Dr. A.P.J Abdul Kalam Young Research Fellowship, considered to be the highest recognition of promise, creativity, and excellence in a young Researcher, is made annually to those distinguished for these attributes as evidenced by their research work carried out in India.
First Five fellowship will carry INR 25,000(Rs Twenty Five Thousands) cash along with a Citation, Scroll, and Medallion for the year 2021-2022
The candidates shall be evaluated by the referees in the following grades:
A. Outstanding; B. Very Good; C. Average; D. Unsuitable
Conveners of the various Sectional Committees shall prepare a list of the grades obtained by each candidate and shall recommend candidates in order of merit to be called for presentation of their work, provided that they have been rated ‘B’ by 50% of the members who have sent in their assessment. Assessment from at least 3 members of Sectional Committees must be elicited before making this recommendation.
The candidates invited to present their work shall do so before the concerned members of the Sectional Committee. Efforts will also be made to ensure the presence of other experts (Academy Fellows) at such presentations. These experts, if they so desire, may give their views to the Convener of the Sectional Committee.
Candidates called for presenting their work before the Sectional Committees shall be entitled to III AC return rail fare and local conveyance as applicable. Reimbursement will be made on the production of tickets.
Instructions for Application Submission
- A duly filled & signed application as per the above format will only consider a successfully submitted application.
- Applicants can apply for the fellowship as an individual or a group application (Not exceeding four members)
- Information filled in the application should be correct and original.
- Applicant age should be between 18 to 25 years (till 1st January 2023).
- The project description should not exceed four pages (A4 size). A total Five pager applications including applicant information & project description will only be accepted.
- The application should be submitted in followed format- (Font style: Times New Roman/Verdana, Font size: 12).
- Project description in case of any research work or details filled in the application should be original (Not copied from any other sources). In case of plagiarism or infringement of copyright the application will be rejected without advanced
Information. Mention all the required references used in the study & research work from any sources.
- Fellowship application should be submitted for any research/ Idea/concept/ Innovation in the areas like plastic, clean air, agriculture, smart environment-friendly technology, Or any Innovation & Idea in the favour of environmental & social benefits.
Dr. A.P.J Abdul Kalam Young Research Fellowship Project Details
Send the application and reference letter with a brief project description in a given format
1) Project Title
4) Project site
6) Invention or innovation
7) Outcome/Expected outcome
8) Beneficiaries & Social Benefits of the projects
Application for the fellowship should not exceed more than 4 pages. Duly filled & signed application as Word or PDF file with all the supporting documents should be sent before 15th January 2023
Some Important Useful Links
APJ Abdul Kalam Fellowship Apply Online
Dr.A.P.J Abdul Kalam Young Research Fellowship Winners Lists