Sarkari Job e Portal
CSIR-CENTRE FOR CELLULAR AND MOLECULAR BIOLOGY(CCMB)
|CSIR -CCMB Hyderabad Admission process 2020 for Ph.D Courses|
CSIR -CCMB Hyderabad Ph.D Admission Online Form 2020.Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology,Hyderabad invites online applications from eligible candidates possessing minimum qualifications required for admission in Ph.D courses.All eligible candidates,those who are interested to take admission in Ph.D in CCMB Hyderabad can apply here Online .
|Last date for apply||08/08/2020|
|Pay Exam fee last Date||08/08/2020|
|Interview Date||August 2020Last Week|
|Admit Card Available||15/08/2020|
|Result Available||September 2020|
|Joining Date (tentative)||Sept/Oct 2020|
The candidate should meet the following eligibility criteria for the admission in CSIR -CCMB Hyderabad Ph.D Courses 2020-21
candidate must be either-
- a citizen of India.
- a subject of Nepal
- a subject of Bhutan.
- a Tibetan refugee who came over to India, before the 1st January,1962, with the intention of permanently settling in India.
- a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania(Formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar),Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
- Foreign Students are also eligible for admission but under foreign quota seats.
- Candidates with a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Pharmacy/Medicine OR a Master’s degree in any branch of science are eligible for admission
The candidates should have preferably qualified in any one of the following National Entrance tests in the last 2 years from the last date of submission of online application form, leading to the award of a fellowship tenable at CCMB Hyderabad.The fellowship must be valid till the time of joining (September-October 2020)
- Joint CSIR-UGC NET for JRF
- ICMR – JRF
- ICMR- SRF
- DBT – JRF
- NBHM screening test
- BE/B.Tech degree in Biotechnology or in any engineering discipline candidates must have a GATE score of at least 85.0 percentile.
- INSPIRE fellowship
- Candidates with B.Pharm degree must have a GPAT score of at least 85.0 percentile.
Age Limit–as on 01/01/2020
- Minimum : 18 Years
- Maximum : Not applicable
- GEN/OBC/EWS : 0/-
- SC / ST /EWS : 0/-
- Pay the Examination Fee through BHIM UPI, Net Banking, by using Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, RuPay Credit or Debit cards or in cash at SBI Branches by generating SBI Challan.
Seat availability details :
The availability of seats under different faculty is not available currently.The details of seats will be notified soon as the CCMB discloses the no. of Ph.D positions available under respective faculty.
Ph.D programme Fields-
In this people try to understand how cells come together to form a complex multicellular organism – what signals cells sense to know their fates, where these cues come from, and how they are encoded, stored and interpreted.
Cells work because of multiple classes of molecular machines working in them. We try to understand how the structures of these machines contribute to cellular processes and functions.
Genomics and Epigenetic Regulation
The genetic code holds information on the organisation and function of all living systems. We study the functional relevance of coding and non-coding regions of genomes in organismal development, health, and disease using various model systems.
Cell and Stem Cell Biology
We explore the mechanisms by which cells divide, differentiate, interact with their environment, and self-renew. These studies would lead to the development of novel approaches to address problems in human health.
Microbes and Biology of Infection
Pathogens cause disease by subverting cellular processes of their hosts. We are elucidating the mechanisms by which various classes of microbes establish infection and ensure their survival.
Wildlife Conservation and Ecology
Our conservation biotechnology program aims to provide insights on the protection and propagation of endangered wildlife, reveal aspects of animal behaviour, trace the evolutionary history of species, solve forensic cases, and help in early detection of wildlife diseases.
We use our understanding of plant genetics and physiology to develop crop varieties with enhanced traits such as higher yields and disease resistance.
Innovation and Technology Development
The leads emerging from our fundamental research are being channelled into developing technologies for societal benefit.
About The Exam :
- Selection for Ph.D. position will be through Online applications screening and then eligible candidates will be called for a computer-based written test at one of their preferred centers among the 19 test centres across the country .
- Candidates qualifying in the written test and having a valid fellowship* for pursuing PhD will be shortlisted to appear for interview at CCMB.
- The eligible fellowships include national level fellowships (JRF/ SRF of CSIR, UGC, DBT, ICMR), DST-INSPIRE or any other equivalent fellowship for pursuing PhD. The fellowship must be valid till the time of joining.
- Candidates with lectureship only in CSIR-UGC (NET) examination or MSc/ MTech/ MPharm candidates with GATE/ GPAT will not be shortlisted for interview.
FINAL RESULT: Candidates qualifying in both the preliminary and final interviews will be admitted into the PhD program
Exam Centres– Delhi and other.
At the time of Admission Bring the original documents and one set of self-attested photocopies of all the documents-
- On the counselling date bring duly filled-in Admission Form and three recent passport size (5 cm x 4 cm) photographs.
- Arrange original documents and their self-attested photocopies in the following order:
- CCMB Admit Card
- Class 10thCertificate.
- Educational Certificate/Degree and Marksheet.
- Character Certificate from the Institute last attended (If available).
- SC/ST Certificate (wherever applicable).
- A person with Disability (PwD) Certificate .
- OBC Certificate If applicable
- Gap Year Undertaking (wherever applicable) .
How to Apply Online for CCMB Hyderabad Admission 2020
- CCMB Hyderabad has released notification for Ph.D Admission Online Form 2020.
- One can apply between 23 /07/2020 to 08/08/2020 CCMB Hyderabad Admissions 2020.
- Please read the notification before applying the CCMB Ph.D form .
- Then check the eligibility,documents required like –
- Class X Certificate/Marksheet(DOB proof)
- Class XII Marksheet
- Class XII Certificate
- Graduation Marksheet
- Graduation Degree
- Masters Marksheet
- Masters Degree
- Kindly ready documents like -Photo, Sign, Thumb etc.
- Take a printout of finally submitted CCMB Ph.D application form on A4 size paper .
- Keep the CCMB Ph.D application form for future reference.
Some Important Useful Links