Sarkari Job e Portal
University of Calcutta
|Research Eligibility Test( RET) 2020 for Ph.D Admission|
Research Eligibility Test RET 2020 Ph.D Admission Online Form.Calcutta University invites online applications from eligible candidates possessing minimum qualifications required for admission in Ph.D course in the Genetics .All eligible candidates,those who are interested to take admission in Ph.D in genetics at Calcutta University can apply here Online .
|Last date for apply||28/08/2020|
|Pay Exam fee last Date||28/08/2020|
|Joining Date (tentative)||Sept/Oct 2020|
The candidate should meet the following eligibility criteria for the admission in Ph.D through Research Eligibility Test (RET )2020
candidate must be either-
- a citizen of India.
- a subject of Nepal
- a subject of Bhutan.
- a Tibetan refugee who came over to India, before the 1st January,1962, with the intention of permanently settling in India.
- a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania(Formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar),Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
- Foreign Students are also eligible for admission but under foreign quota seats.
- Candidates with a Master’s degree in any branch of science with minimum 55% marks in aggregate from a recognized University in India.
The candidates should have preferably qualified in any one of the following National Entrance tests in the last 2 years from the last date of submission of online application form, leading to the award of a fellowship tenable at Calcutta University.The fellowship must be valid till the time of joining (September-October 2020)
- Joint CSIR-UGC NET for JRF
- ICMR – JRF
- ICMR- SRF
- DBT – JRF
- NBHM screening test
- INSPIRE fellowship
The candidates with any one of the following fellowship will be called for an interview and need not to appear for the written test.
All candidates who do not possess any fellowship are required to appear for a written exam .Candidates qualifying in the exam will be shortlisted for an interview.
Age Limit–as on 01/07/2020
- Minimum : 18 Years
- Maximum : Not applicable
- GEN/OBC/EWS : 0/-
- SC / ST /EWS : 0/-
- Pay the Examination Fee through BHIM UPI, Net Banking, by using Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, RuPay Credit or Debit cards or in cash at SBI Branches by generating SBI Challan.
Seat availability details :
The total available seats under different faculty is 08.The details of seats within respective faculty will be notified soon as the on the official website of University of Calcutta.
About The Exam :
- All the candidates appearing for Research Eligibility Test (RET) 2020 examination will be given a link through their email to join the Google Classroom created by the Department. Candidates will need a Gmail id for this purpose and they should join the Google Classroom with their full name.
- All candidates on 01/09/2020 should be online 30 minutes before the scheduled time of the RET written examination by joining the Google Classroom.
- A Google Meet link will be given in the Google Classroom, through which all the candidates will join Google Meet, keeping their video and audio on. The video as well as the audio content of all the candidates should remain on during the entire examination process. If we find video and/or audio of any Candidate is off, his/her candidature will be cancelled. No outside intervention would be permitted.
Written Exam Pattern -Objective Online
|Name of the Test||No. of Qs||Maximum Marks||Duration of time|
|RET 2020||50||100||1 Hour|
There is a negative marking of 0.5 marks for each incorrect answer.
- The link of the paper will be created through Google Form and the link will be given in Google Classroom two minutes before the scheduled time of written examination.
- Candidates will fill up their particulars like name, address, and admission test number before answering the MCQ questions and submit the answer sheet within the stipulated time of the examination.
- The Google Form will be downloaded by the faculties of the department and marks will be given for RET written paper.
- The Result of the written examination will be announced on 03/09/2020 on the official website.
- The candidates with any one of the above mentioned fellowship will be called directly for an interview and no need to appear for the written test.
- The qualified candidates will be called for an interview to be conducted in Google Meet on 07/09/2020. The time of interview of each candidate will be informed through email.
- During an online interview candidates should apart from answering fundamental questions, they are also expected to discuss their research interest/area based on a Statement of Purpose (SoP).
At the time of Admission Bring the original documents and one set of self-attested photocopies of all the documents-
- On the counselling date bring duly filled-in Admission Form and three recent passport size (5 cm x 4 cm) photographs.
- Arrange original documents and their self-attested photocopies in the following order:
- Research Eligibility Test (RET) Application form
- Class 10th Certificate.
- Educational Certificate/Degree and Mark-sheet.
- Character Certificate from the Institute last attended (If available).
- SC/ST Certificate (wherever applicable).
- A person with Disability (PwD) Certificate .
- OBC Certificate If applicable
- Gap Year Undertaking (wherever applicable) .
How to Apply Online for Research Eligibility Test(RET) 2020
- Calcutta University has released notification for Research Eligibility Test (RET) 2020 Online Form .
- One can apply between 17/08/2020 to 28/08/2020 .
- Please read the notification before applying the Research Eligibility Test (RET) form .
- Then check the eligibility,documents required like –
- Class X Certificate/Mark-sheet(DOB proof)
- Class XII Mark-sheet
- Class XII Certificate
- Graduation Mark-sheet
- Graduation Degree
- Masters Mark-sheet (If available)
- Masters Degree(If available)
- Go to the application form link and download the application form.
- Print the application form on A4 size paper and manually fill this form.
- Dully filled application form along with self attested photocopies of all the documents and SoP within 1000 words should be mailed to the both of the below mentioned email addresses
- email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
Some Important Useful Links
|Application Form||Click Here|
|Download notification||Click Here|
|Official Website||Click Here|