Sarkari Job e Portal
PANJAB UNIVERSITY CHANDIGARH
|PU LEET Admission process 2020 for B.Tech Lateral Entry Courses|
PU LEET Admission 2020 Online Form 2020.Panjab University Chandigarh invites online applications from eligible candidates possessing minimum qualifications required for admission in 2nd year of 4 year Bachelors of Technology(B.Tech.) .All eligible candidates,those who are interested to take admission in Punjab University Chandigarh can apply here Online .
|Last date for apply||01/10/2020|
|Pay Exam fee last Date||05/10/2020|
|Entrance Exam Date||18-10-2020 (Sunday)
01:00 P.M. – 02:40 P.M.
|Admit Card Available||12/10/2020|
|Counselling Starting Date||Notified Soon|
The candidate should meet the following eligibility criteria for the admission in 2nd year of 4 year B.Tech Programme through PU LEET 2020
candidate must be either-
- a citizen of India.
- a subject of Nepal
- a subject of Bhutan.
- a Tibetan refugee who came over to India, before the 1st January,1962, with the intention of permanently settling in India.
- a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania(Formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar),Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
- The candidate must have passed diploma in Engineering of minimum 3 year duration after Matriculation Examination with Physics and Mathematics, from polytechnic college/institute affiliated with state board of Technical Education/University, or recognized by UGC/AICTE with minimum 60% (55% for SC/ST/BC/PwD) marks as an aggregate in the Diploma Course. OR
- The candidate must have passed a diploma in the engineering of minimum 2 year duration after 10 + 2 from Polytechnic college/institute affiliated with state board of technical education/university, or recognized by UGC/AICTE with minimum 60% (55% for SC/ST/BC/PwD) marks as an aggregate in the Diploma Course. OR
- Candidates who have passed D. Voc. stream from Polytechnic college/institute affiliated with state board of technical education/university, or recognized by UGC/AICTE with minimum 60% (55% for SC/ST/BC/PwD) marks as an aggregate in the D. Voc. Course (Applicable Only for CCET, Chandigarh) will be eligible for admission to the second year of B.E. program in the same or allied sector only.
- Candidate must have passed their qualifying examination i.e. Diploma in Engineering not earlier than 2018.
Age Limit–as on 17/07/2020
- Minimum : 18 Years
- Maximum : Not applicable
- (GEN/OBC/EWS) : 2175/-
- SC / ST /PwBD/ESM : 1088/-
- 50% concession for Panjab University regular employees under B & C Class.
- Pay the Examination Fee through BHIM UPI, Net Banking, by using Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, RuPay Credit or Debit cards or in cash at SBI Branches by generating SBI Challan.
Seat availability details :
Admission through PU LEET 2020 is For Admission to:
1.Institutes governed by the Reservation Rules of Panjab University, Chandigarh
- University Institute of Engineering & Technology, Chandigarh.
- Dr. S.S. Bhatnagar University Institute of Chemical Engineering and Technology, Chandigarh.
- University Institute of Engineering & Technology, Panjab University Swami Sarvanand Giri, Regional Centre, Hoshiarpur.
2.Institutes governed by the Reservation rules of Chandigarh Administration
- Chandigarh College of Engineering & Technology (Degree Wing), Sector 26, Chandigarh.
Seats available at Chandigarh College of Engineering & Technology
Total Intake through LEET : 24 Seats
|STATE QUOTA (UT CHANDIGARH):
All those candidates who have passed their qualifying examination 3 years Diploma with 60% marks (55% marks for SC/ST/PwD) in aggregate but not earlier than 2018 from Technical Institute/ Colleges located in the Union Territory, Chandigarh and recognized by the Chandigarh Administration
|ALL INDIA QUOTA:
Candidates who have passed their qualifying examination 3 years diploma course with 60% marks (55% marks for SC/ST/PwD) in aggregate but not earlier than 2018 but are not covered under category (a) above.
additional 02 seats under Economically Weaker Section Category are available .
The detailed branch-wise seats (i.e. for 50) is given as
|4 + 4*
|4 + 6*
|3 + 4*
|4 + 5*
|All India Quota||01||01||1+1*||1+1*||06|
|Economically Weaker Section (EWS)/Other than SC/ST/BC
|All India Quota
| Scheduled Caste*(15%)
|State Quota||0||01||1 + 1*
|All India Quota||0||0||0||01||01|
| Scheduled Tribe*(5%)
|All India Quota||0||0||0||0||0|
|Sons/ Daughters/ Spouses of military/ Paramilitary Personnel’s (5%)
|All India Quota||0||0||0||0||0|
|Physically Handicapped (5%)
All India Quota
|Children & Grandchildren of Freedom Fighters (2%)
|Sports Persons (2%)
* Indicate vacant seats.
SEATS AT PANJAB UNIVERSITY INSTITUTES
University Institute of Engineering & Technology (UIET)
|Category||B.E. (Electrical & Electronics Engineering)||B.E. (Electronics & Communication Engineering)||B.E. Information Technology||B.E. (Mechanical Engineering)||B.E. (Biotechnology)||B.E. (CSE)|
|Freedom Fighter (2%)||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|Riot Victim / Terrorist Victim (2%)||0||0||0||0||0||0|
DR. SSB University Institute of Chemical Engineering & Technology (UICET)
|Category||B.E. (Chemical)||5year Integrated B.E. (Chemical) MBA||B.E. (Food Technology)|
For other category there are no seats available.
UIET, Panjab University Swami Sarvanand Giri Regional Centre
|Category||B.E (ECE)||B.E. (CSE)||B.E. (Mech.)||B.E. (IT)|
|Schedule castes (SC) (15%)||01||0||04||02|
|Schedule Tribes (ST) (7.5%)||01||0||02||01|
|Persons with disability (PwD) (5%)||0||0||01||01|
|Backward class (BC)(5%)||0||0||01||01|
|Terrorist/Riots victim (2%)||0||0||01||0|
|Freedom fighter (2%)||0||0||01||0|
About The Exam :
The PU LEET 2020 entrance examination has
Written Objective (MCQs) Test
|Name of Test||No. of Qs||Maximum Marks||Duration Time|
|Basic Electrical Engineering||10||10|| 18/10/2020 at 1 pm -2.40 pm(1 Hour 40 minutes)
30 minutes extra for visually handicapped/persons with disability (PwD)
|Fundamentals of Mechanical Engineering||10||10|
|Fundamentals of Civil Engineering||10||10|
|Fundamentals of Chemical Engineering||10||10|
|General Aptitude and Communication Skills||10||10|
- There is negative negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer.
- The candidates must bring their own stationery items such as Black Gel Pen.
- Medium of examination shall be ENGLISH only.
Exam Centres– Chandigarh and Hoshiyarpur only.
At the time of counselling Bring the original documents and one set of self-attested photocopies of all the documents-
- On the counselling date bring duly filled-in Admission Form and scrutiny Form (available in PU LEET website) and three recent passport size (5 cm x 4 cm) photographs.
- Arrange original documents and their self-attested photocopies in the following order:
a) PU LEET Result card
b) Class 10thCertificate.
c) Class 12thCertificate (wherever applicable).
d) Character Certificate from the Institute last attended.
e) Detail Mark Certificates of each semester of the Diploma Course.
f) Diploma Certificate
g) Testimonials w.r.t. computation of Diploma Percentage (If any)
h) Equivalence Certificate (if any)
i) Migration Certificate
j) SC/ST Certificate (wherever applicable).
k) A person with Disability (PwD) Certificate .
l) BC Certificate SUB APPENDIX A3 and Undertaking .
m) Undertaking for Achievements in Sports .
n) Undertaking for Attendance in Sports Ground .
o) Certificate for Defence Category .
p) Certificate for Dependants of Riot/Terrorist Victims.
q) Certificate for Children/Grandchildren of Freedom Fighters .
r) Gap Year Undertaking (wherever applicable) .
- A candidate who is offered admission in Panjab University Institutes is required to pay Ist installment of Rs 45,000/- is to be paid on the spot through Demand Draft in favor of ‘Joint Admission Committee, Payable at Chandigarh.
- Besides above Rs. 1000/- (One thousand) (non-refundable) is to be paid as counseling fees (on spot) through Demand Draft in favor of ‘Joint Admission Committee, Payable at Chandigarh.
- In addition to fee, the admitted candidates are also required to deposit the following:
a. If a candidate gets admitted to UIET, Panjab University, Chandigarh, the candidate needs to submit a sum of Rs. 1000/– (non-refundable) as UTECHNOS fees (Annual Subscription) and Rs. 1000/- (non-refundable) as Alumni Affairs Fees in the form of Bank draft/Cash in the favour of Director, UIET, Panjab University Chandigarh.
b. If candidate gets admitted in Dr. SSB UICET, Chandigarh, candidate needs to submit a sum of Rs.1500 /– in the form of Bank Draft in favour of “Deptt. of Chem. Engg. Society”
c. if candidate gets admitted in UIET, PUSSGRC, Hoshiarpur candidate needs to submit a sum of Rs. 1000/- (non-refundable) in the form of Bank draft/Cash in the favour of “SSGPURC Student Society”, payable at Hoshiarpur
After the issuance of Allotment Slip, the candidate is required to deposit the Bank Draft at the Fee Desk.
How to Apply Online for PU LEET 2020
- Panjab University Chandigarh has released notification for PULEET Online Form 2020.
- One can apply between 17 /07/2020 to 01/10/2020 without late fee for PU LEET 2020.
- Please read the notification before applying the PU LEET form .
- Then check the eligibility,documents required like –
- Class X Certificate/Marksheet(DOB proof)
- Class XII Marksheet
- Class XII Certificate
- Diploma Marksheet
- Diploma Certificate
- Kindly ready documents like -Photo, Sign, Thumb etc.
- There are four steps in PU LEET Online form filling:-
- Step 1 : Registration
- Step 2 : Fee payment
- Step 3 : Apply
- Step 4 : Submission
- Take a printout of finally submitted PU LEET application form on A4 size paper .
- Keep the PU LEET application form for future reference.
Some Important Useful Links