Sarkari Job e Portal
Bihar Public Service Commission
|Common Recruitment Process 2020 for BPSC Various Post|
BPSC recruitment 2020 Online Form . Bihar Public Service Commission BPSC invites online application form from eligible candidates for various posts under bpsc upcoming vacancy 2020.All eligible candidates, those who are interested to join BPSC Civil services post can apply here online.
|BPSC form date starts||28/09/2020|
|BPSC last date to apply 2020||20/10/2020|
|Complete form submission last date||20/10/2020|
|Pay Exam fee last Date||20/10/2020|
|BPSC exam date Pre||27/12/2020|
|BPSC Admit Card Available||December 2020|
BPSC Eligibility Details-
The candidate should meet the following eligibility criteria :
Educational BPSC Qualification
- Graduation passed/appearing in any discipline from a recognized University/Institute in India.
For Dy. Superintendent of Police/District Commander posts only
|Parameter||GEN/EWS/EBC/BC Male||SC/ST Male||Women all category|
|BPSC DSP Height||5 feet 5 inches||5 feet 3 inches||5 feet 2 inches|
|Chest(without expansion)||32 inches||31 inches||Not Applicable|
BPSC Age Limit-
Dy. Superintendent of Police/District Commander(DC)
- BPSC dsp age limit ,DC age limit Minimum : 20 Years
Bihar Probation Service/Additional District Transport Officer/City Executive Officer/Supply Inspector/Labour Enforcement Officer/Revenue Officer/Block Panchayat State Officer
- Minimum : 21 Years
Prisoner/State Tax Assistant Commissioner/Junior Election Officer/Planning Officer/Reed Officer
- Minimum : 22 Years
BPSC Upper Age Limit
- BPSC age limit for general Male :37 Years
- Unreserved Female :40 Years
- OBC/EBC Male & Female :40 Years
- SC/ST Male & Female :42 Years
- Age relaxation to different category is according to BPSC recruitment rules.
- GEN/OBC/Other State : 600/-
- SC/ST/PH : 150/-
- All category Female of bihar : 150/
- Pay exam fee through Debit Card /Credit Card /Net Banking or Bank challan etc.
BPSC Vacancy details :
BPSC full form is Bihar Public Service Commission. BPSC full form in hindi is “बिहार लोक सेवा आयोग”.
BPSC new chairman 2020 is Mr R. K. Mahajan.
BPSC office contact no(Chairman) – 2237999
BPSC helpline no (Shri Keshav Ranjan Prasad, Secretary) – 2215187
Bihar Public Service Commission has released BPSC notification 66th for BPSC latest recruitment 2020 for various posts.
There are total of 731 vacancies under BPSC vacancy 2020 notification that are divided as follows:
|66th recruitment posts||Civil Services||Pay Scale-9, Rs.561oo/-|
Category wise Vacancy Details
|Post Name||GEN||EWS||EBC||BC||BC Female||SC||ST||Total|
|Dy. Superintendent of Police||15||04||10||06||01||06||0||42|
|State Tax Assistant Commissioner||05||01||07||0||0||0||0||13|
|Junior Election Officer||02||0||0||0||0||0||0||02|
|Bihar Probation Service||11||01||04||04||01||04||0||25|
|Additional District Transport Officer||15||04||07||05||01||07||01||40|
|City Executive Officer||04||01||07||03||0||01||01||17|
|Labour Enforcement Officer||37||06||07||03||0||12||0||65|
|Block Panchayat State Officer||89||21||48||18||04||35||01||216|
BPSC Details of Examination :
Selection Process for the various posts recruitment under 66th notification 2020 is based on 3 stage examination
BPSC Prelims Exam pattern
|Name of Test||Total Marks||Duration|
|General Studies||150||2 Hours|
- This stage is qualifying in nature.
- There is no negative marking.
- The questions will be in Hindi and English language both.
- There will be 5 options to each question.
- BPSC result 2020 for prelims will be released by(tentatively)-March 2021
BPSC Reservation Rules for minimum qualifying marks in Prelims for various category
BPSC Mains Pattern for examination
|Name of the Paper||Total Marks||Duration|
|General Studies Paper 1||300||3 Hours|
|General Studies Paper 2||300||3 Hours|
|General Hindi||100||3 Hours|
|Optional Paper||300||3 Hours|
- General Hindi is of qualifying in nature .
- Questions paper will be available in Hindi and English both.
- The total marks will be calculated by considering the total of 900 marks in GS Paper 1, GS Paper 2 and Optional Paper.
- BPSC mains exam date 2020 will be notified soon depending on the pandemic COVID-19 situation .BPSC exam date 2021 year will be for mains exam schedule.
- The candidates who will be placed in the merit list will be called for the interview.
List of BPSC Optional Subject – Subject Code
1. Agriculture – 04
2. Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science -05
3. Anthropology -06
4. Botany -07
5. Chemistry -08
6. Civil Engineering -09
7. Commerce & Accountancy -10
8.BPSC Economics optional paper -11
9. Electrical Engineering -12
10. Geography -13
11. Geology -14
12. History -15
13. Labour and Social Welfare -16
14. Law -17
15. Management -18
16. Mathematics -19
17. Mechanical Engineering -20
18. Philosophy -21
19. Physics -22
20. Political Science & International Relations 23
21. Psychology -24
22. Public Administration -25
23. Sociology -26
24. Statistics -27
25. BPSC Zoology -28
26. Hindi Language and Literature -29
27. English Language and Literature -30
28. Urdu Language and Literature -31
29. Bangla Language and Literature -32
30. Sanskrit Language and Literature -33
31. Persian Language and Literature -34
32. Arabic Language and Literature -35
33. Pali Language and Literature -36
34. Maithili Language and Literature -37
BPSC DAF form(Detailed Application Form) also known as BPSC Interview form will be available online after announcement of BPSC mains paper result
BPSC Interview marks – 120
BPSC interview date/ schedule 2020 will be in the year 2021.
BPSC Interview preparation Strategy-
BPSC Interview is often regarded as the most critical and crucial factor in deciding the final merit list in Bihar Public Service Commission .Here are some tips for the preparation
The interview carries 120 marks. The final merit list is always prepared based on the marks obtained in the Mains and Interview rounds which makes a total of 1020 marks. The following range of marks indicates your performance in the interview.
- Very Good Score = 90+
- Good Score = 80-90
- Above average Score = 70-80
- Average Score = 60-70
The average duration of a interview is usually 25-35 minutes, however, it may be expanded or restricted depending on your interview panel and the prevailing situations of the interview.
BPSC Interview Questions
BPSC interview is mainly considered to be the personality test where a person is judged on the basis of his presentation, attitude and confidence rather than just factual knowledge. So please learn the art of articulate speaking rather than focusing on exaggerating the details about a topic asked.
You can starts preparing a list of all the expected questions as well answers that can be asked by the Board of Members .
BPSC Interview Preparation
HR Questions: They are the most common question asked during the interview to know about you as a person than testing your memory. This sections should be prepared well because it’s about your personal life ,which only you know the most. The more you look confident in these set of questions the more you will be liked in an interview.
It consist of following sections
- Graduation subject knowledge
- Responsibilities handled
Current Affairs – It is the very important section these days. Be Always aware of the current events of importance till the date of your interview.
It contains the following sections
- Factual – Related to data, figures etc.
- Opinion- Based on your perspective about a topic in general. It is extremely necessary to have a point of view for an aspiring public servant as it decides your quality of understanding an issue in detail and making the right decision in the need of the hour.
Bihar Specific – You should have basic understanding of the current scenario of the state and existent problems and what is essential at grass root level for solving the problem
It consist of the following sections:
- Schemes and Yojna .
- Your contribution/Resources in the coming future etc
- History/Geography of Bihar
- Issues related to Agriculture, Economy etc.
Self -made questions-
You can create your own questions that you find relevant for your exam interview and prepare them wisely.
These are usually the random questions which are out-of-the-box and can only be dealt with a peaceful mind. Such questions might bounce over one’s heads but remember to always say SORRY if you don’t know the exact answer than beating around the bush to board members.
Optional paper – You should know best your optional subject. It is an important area from where a large number of questions can be asked. Prepare your optional subject in detail so that you can handle all kinds of questions raised in the interview.
It has the following sections :-
- Why did you choose the subject?
- Favourite Section
- Any domain,
- Case studies
At the end, I will only suggest you to that you should always reread and relearn since there is no human who can ever be perfect in any way. But, it’s your positive attitude and self- confidence that can make things work in your favor at any instant.
BPSC civil services syllabus
BPSC Pre syllabus for General Studies paper
- Current events of national and international importance.
- History of India and salient features of the history of Bihar.
- General Science
- General Geography and geographical division of Bihar and its major river systems.
- Indian Polity and Economy and major changes in the economy of Bihar in the post independence period.
- Indian National Movement and the part played by Bihar in it and also Questions on General Mental Ability.
BPSC syllabus 2020 For Mains
BPSC detailed syllabus -General Hindi(सामान्य हिंदी )
इस पेपर में बिहार के सेकेंडरी स्तर प्रश्न्न होंगे!
इस परीक्षा में सरल हिंदी में अपने भावों को स्पष्टतः एवं शुद्ध शुद्ध रूप में व्यक्त करने की क्षमता और सहज बोध शःक्ति की जाँच समझी जाएगी!
अंको का विवरण इस प्रकार है –
वाक्य विन्यास -25
GENERAL STUDIES PAPER- I
- Modern History of India and Indian culture.
- Current events of national and international importance.
- Statistical analysis, graphs and diagrams.
In paper-I, Modern History of India and Indian Culture will cover the broad history of the country (with special reference to Bihar) from about the middle of nineteenth century. The modern history of Bihar will include questions on the introduction and expansion of western education (including technical education). It will also have questions on Bihar’s role in the freedom struggle of India. Questions will relate to the Santhal Uprising, 1857 in Bihar, Birsa movement, Champaran Satyagrah and the Quit India Movement 1942. A knowledge of the chief features of Mauryan and Pal art and Patna Qulam painting will be expected from the examinees. It would also include questions or Gandhi, Tagore and Nehru. The part relating to statistical analysis, graphs and diagrams will include exercises to test the candidate’s ability to draw common sense conclusions from information presented in statistical, graphical or diagrammatical form and to point out deficiencies, limitations or inconsistencies therein
GENERAL STUDIES PAPER- II
- Indian Polity.
- Indian economy and Geography of India.
- The role and impact of science and technology in the development of India.
In Paper II, the part relating to Indian Polity, will include questions on the political system in India including Bihar. In the part pertaining to the Indian Economy and Geography of India, questions will be put on planning in India and the physical, economic and social geography of India and Bihar. In the third part relating to the role and impact of science and technology in the development of India, questions will be asked to test the candidate’s awareness of the role and impact of science and technology in India and Bihar Emphasis will be on applied aspects.
BPSC Documents Required at the time of Interview
- Class X Certificate/Mark-sheet(DOB proof)
- Graduation Degree
- Graduation Mark-sheet
- Category Certificate(SC/ST/OBC) of Bihar State- If applicable
- Disability Certificate-If applicable
- Economic Weaker Section (EWS) Certificate of Bihar State-if applicable
- 4 Passport size recent photograph
- Valid ID Proof with photograph like aadhaar card, voter id card, passport, PAN Card etc.
Due to Increasing cases of COVID-19 the following guidelines are strictly applicable during the bihar exams .
|Items permitted in the exam hall||Items not permitted in the exam hall|
|Candidates will be permitted to carry only
a. WEARING A MASK is COMPULSORY
c. Personal transparent water bottle
d. Personal hand sanitizer (50 ml)
e. A simple pen
f. Exam related documents (Call Letter/Admit Card, ID card in Original, Photocopy of ID Card, etc)
g. Call Letter/Admit Card should be brought with the Photocopy of the Photo ID stapled with it. Original ID (same as Photocopy) is also to be brought for verification..
h. In case of Scribe Candidates – Scribe form duly filled and signed with Photograph affixed.
i. If candidate is availing the scribe, then scribe also should bring their own Gloves, N95 Mask, sanitizer (50ml) and water bottle. Wearing a mask is compulsory. Both candidate and Scribe will require to be wearing N95 Mask.
j. A Candidate must have Aarogya Setu App installed on his mobile phone.
k. All candidates will be checked with Thermo guns at the entry point for temperature. In case, any person is observed to be having above normal temperature (> 99.14° F) or displaying any symptoms of the virus, they will not be allowed entry into the venue
|Any stationery item like textual material (printed or written), bits of papers, Geometry/Pencil Box,
Plastic Pouch, Calculator, Scale, Writing Pad, Pen Drives, Log Table, Electronic Pen/Scanner etc.
(b) Any communication device like Bluetooth, Earphones, Microphone, Pager, Health Band etc.-
(c) Other items like Goggles, Handbags, Hair-pin, Hair-band, Belt, Cap, etc.
(d) All ornament like Ring, Earrings, Nose-pin, Chain/Necklace, Pendants, Badge, brooch etc. should be thoroughly checked.
(e) Any watch/Wrist Watch, Camera, etc.
(f) Any metallic item
(g) Any eatable item opened or packed
(h) Any other item which could be used for unfair means for hiding communication devices like camera, blue tooth devices etc.
How to apply Online For BPSC application form 2020
- Bihar Public Service Commission has released notification for BPSC online application form 2020,
- One can apply between 28/09/2020 to 20/10/2020.
- Please read the notification before applying the BPSC Bihar form .
- Then check the eligibility, documents required.
- Kindly ready scan documents like -Photo, Sign, Thumb etc.
- Before Final submission of application form please preview and check your details.
- Take a printout of finally submitted application form on A4 size paper and keep the same for future reference.
Some Important Useful Links
previous year paper
Youtube Channel for Preparation
Find Marksheet of earlier exams held
Download notification 66th
IBPS RRB Officer Scale I Online Form