Sarkari Job e Portal
Union Public Service Commission(UPSC)
|Common recruitment process 2020 for Senior Scientific Officer (Biology) in Forensic Science Laboratory,Home Department|
UPSC Senior Scientific Officer/SSO (Biology) Recruitment 2020 online form. Union Public Service Commission UPSC invites online application form from eligible candidates for post- Senior Scientific Officer(SSO) in Biology.All eligible candidates,those who are interested to join Senior Scientific Officer post in biology can apply here online.
|Last date for apply||13/08/2020|
|Complete form submission last date||13/08/2020|
|Pay Exam fee last Date||13/08/2020|
|Exam Date||Notified Soon|
|Admit Card Available||Notified Soon|
The candidate should meet the following eligibility criteria for SSO Biology post :
- Essential:Master’s Degree in Zoology or Botany or Anthropology or Life Science or Biochemistry or Microbiology or Genetics or Biotechnology or Molecular Biology or Forensic Science with Zoology or Botany or Forensic Science as one of the subject at B. Sc. Level from a recognized University.
- Desirable:Doctorate degree in concerned discipline from a recognized University or equivalent.
Experience :Three years experience of analytical methods/research therein in the relevant field means experience of Research/Analytical methods therein in the field of Zoology or Botany or Anthropology or Biology or Human Biology or Biochemistry or Microbiology or Genetics or Biotechnology or Molecular Biology.
- The qualification(s) regarding experience are relaxable at the discretion of the Union Public Service Commission for reasons in the case of if candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes none of them found that much qualified as compared to general category candidate.
- Minimum : 18 Years
- Maximum : 35 Years
- Age relaxation to different category is according to UPSC recruitment rules.
- (GEN/OBC/EWS) : 25/-
- SC / ST/PH/Women : 0/
- Pay exam fee through Debit Card /Credit Card /Net Banking or SBI Challan etc.
Vacancy details :
This is General Central Service, Group-A, Gazetted, Non-Ministerial post.The SSO posts are temporary but likely to be continued indefinitely.
There are total of 06 vacancies for Senior Scientific Officer (SSO)post ,details of which is mentioned below :-
|Senior Scientific Officer (Biology)||Home Department||Level-10 (Rs. 56100– 177500/-)|
Total emoluments excluding HRA and T.A. and at the time of initial appointment will be definitely Rs. 56100/- plus DA as applicable per month
The Probation period is One year.
Category wise Vacancy Details
|Senior Scientific Officer/SSO(Biology)||05||01||06|
About The Exam :
- The selection process for SSO biology involves screening of all the application form for selection of eligible candidates for interview.
- Selection will be entirely based on the requisite minimum qualification and experience.
- Then Those selected candidates will be called for an interview.
- Interview Total Weightage =100 % Marks
Documents Required at the time of SSO biology Interview
- Class X Certificate/Marksheet(DOB proof)
- Graduation Degree
- Graduation Mark-sheet
- Masters Degree
- Masters Mark-sheet
- Ph.D Degree(If Available)
- Category Certificate(SC/ST/OBC) – If applicable
- Disability Certificate-If applicable
- Economic Weaker Section (EWS) Certificate -if applicable
- Passport size recent photograph
- Valid ID Proof with photograph like aadhaar card, voter id card, passport, PAN Card etc.
- Three years experience certificate of analytical methods/research therein in the relevant field.
Due to Increasing cases of COVID-19 the following guidelines are strictly applicable during the UPSC SSO exams/Interview .
|Items permitted in the Interview hall||Items not permitted in the Interview hall|
|Candidates will be permitted to carry only
a. WEARING A MASK is COMPULSORY
c. Personal transparent water bottle
d. Personal hand sanitizer (50 ml)
e. A simple pen
f. Exam related documents (Call Letter/Admit Card, ID card in Original, Photocopy of ID Card, etc)
g. Call Letter/Admit Card should be brought with the Photocopy of the Photo ID stapled with it. Original ID (same as Photocopy) is also to be brought for verification..
h. In case of Scribe Candidates – Scribe form duly filled and signed with Photograph affixed.
i. If candidate is availing the scribe, then scribe also should bring their own Gloves, N95 Mask, sanitizer (50ml) and water bottle. Wearing a mask is compulsory. Both candidate and Scribe will require to be wearing N95 Mask.
j. A Candidate must have Aarogya Setu App installed on his mobile phone.
k. All candidates will be checked with Thermo guns at the entry point for temperature. In case, any person is observed to be having above normal temperature (> 99.14° F) or displaying any symptoms of the virus, they will not be allowed entry into the venue
|Any stationery item like textual material (printed or written), bits of papers, Geometry/Pencil Box,
Plastic Pouch, Calculator, Scale, Writing Pad, Pen Drives, Log Table, Electronic Pen/Scanner etc.
(b) Any communication device like Bluetooth, Earphones, Microphone, Pager, Health Band etc.-
(c) Other items like Goggles, Handbags, Hair-pin, Hair-band, Belt, Cap, etc.
(d) All ornament like Ring, Earrings, Nose-pin, Chain/Necklace, Pendants, Badge, brooch etc. should be thoroughly checked.
(e) Any watch/Wrist Watch, Camera, etc.
(f) Any metallic item
(g) Any eatable item opened or packed
(h) Any other item which could be used for unfair means for hiding communication devices like camera, blue tooth devices etc.
How to apply Online for Senior Scientific Officer/SSO (Biology)
- UPSC has released notification for Senior Scientific Officer (Biology) post Online Form 2020.
- One can apply between 13 /07/2020 to 13/08/2020.
- Please read the notification before applying the UPSC form .
- Then check the eligibility,documents required.
- Kindly ready scan documents like -Photo, Sign, Thumb etc.
- Before Final submission of UPSC form please preview and check your details.
- Take a printout of finally submitted UPSC application form on A4 size paper and keep the same for future reference.
Some Important Useful Links
IBPS RRB Officer Scale I Online Form