Sarkari Job e Portal
Staff Selection Commission (SSC)
|SSC CHSL recruitment 2021 for Combined Higher Secondary (10+2) Level Examination|
SSC CHSL (10+2) Online Form 2021. Staff Selection Commission SSC invites online applications from eligible candidates possessing minimum qualifications required for SSC CHSL posts of various ministries under the Govt. of India. .All eligible candidates, those who are interested to join SSC CHSL post can apply here SSC CHSL application form 2021 .
|SSC CHSL Last date to apply 2020||15/12/2020|
|Pay Exam fee last Date||17/12/2020|
|SSC CHSL Exam Date 2021 Tier I||12/04/2021 to 27/04/2021|
|SSC CHSL Admit Card 2020 Available||05/04/2021|
|Result Available||Notified Soon|
|Exam date Tier II||Notified Soon|
SSC CHSL Eligibility Details-
The candidate should meet the following eligibility criteria for the SSC CHSL posts
candidate must be either-
- a citizen of India.
- a subject of Nepal
- a subject of Bhutan.
- a Tibetan refugee who came over to India, before the 1st January,1962, with the intention of permanently settling in India.
- a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania(Formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar),Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
Educational SSC CHSL Qualification
For LDC/ JSA, PA/ SA, DEO (except DEOs in C&AG):
- The candidates must have passed 12th Standard or equivalent examination from a recognized Board or University.
For Data Entry Operator (DEO Grade ‘A’) in the Office of Comptroller and Auditor General of India (C&AG):
- 12th Standard pass in Science stream with Mathematics as a subject from a recognized Board or equivalent.
- Candidates having all the degrees/ diplomas /certificates awarded through Open and Distance Learning mode of education by the Universities are also eligible.
SSC CHSL Age Limit–as on 01/01/2021
- Minimum : 18 Years
- SSC CHSL Upper age limit : 27 Years
Age relaxation to different category is according to SSC CHSL recruitment rules.
|Code No.||Category||Age-relaxation permissible beyond the upper age limit|
|01||SC/ ST||5 years|
|03||PwD (Unreserved)||10 years|
|04||PwD (OBC)||13 Years|
|05||PwD (SC/ST)||15 Years|
|06||Ex-Servicemen (ESM)||03 years after deduction of the military service rendered from the actual age as on closing date of receipt of online application|
|07||Candidates who had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from 1st January 1980 to 31st December 1989||05 Years|
|08||Defence Personnel disabled in operation during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof||03 Years|
|09||Defence Personnel disabled in operation during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof (SC/ ST).||08 Years|
|10||Central Government Civilian Employees: Who have rendered not less than 3 years regular and continuous service as on closing date for receipt of online applications||Up to 40 years of age
|11||Central Government Civilian Employees: Who have rendered not less than 3 years regular and continuous service as on closing date for receipt of online applications (SC/ ST).||Up to 45 years of age|
|12||Widows/ Divorced Women/ Women judicially separated and who are not remarried.||Up to 35 years of age|
|13||Widows/ Divorced Women/ Women judicially separated and who are not remarried (SC/ ST).||Up to 40 years of age|
- GEN/OBC/EWS) : 100/-
- SC / ST /PwBD/ESM : 0/-
- All category female : 0/-
- Pay the Examination Fee through BHIM UPI, Net Banking, by using Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, RuPay Credit or Debit cards or in cash at SBI Branches by generating SBI Challan.
SSC CHSL Vacancy 2021 details :
This recruitment is for the post of-
Lower Divisional Clerk (LDC)
Junior Secretariat Assistant (JSA)
Postal Assistant (PA)
Sorting Assistant (SA)
Data Entry Operator (DEO)
There are total of 4726 vacancies for the following posts in SSC CHSL (10+2).
SSC CHSL Posts and Salary
|Post||Vacancies||SSC CHSL grade pay & Salary|
|Lower Divisional Clerk(LDC)/ Junior Secretariat Assistant(JSA)||1538||Pay Level-2(19,900-63,200)|
|Postal Assistant (PA)/ Sorting Assistant(SA)||3181||Pay Level-4(25,500-81,100)|
|Data Entry Operator(DEO)||07||Pay Level-4(25,500-81,100)|
SSC CHSL Highest Salary is 81000/-.
Category wise and post wise vacancy details
SSC CHSL Full details of Exam :
SSC CHSL Selection Process-:
Many have doubts that SSC CHSL how many tiers does it has? Here is the answer to this question.
The SSC CHSL (10+2) examination will have a Computer Based Examination (Tier-I), Descriptive Paper (Tier-II) and Skill Test/ Typing Test (Tier-III).
SSC CHSL Exam Pattern 2020 Tier-I (Computer Based):
|Name of test||No. of Qs||Maximum Marks||Duration period|
|English Language (Basic Knowledge)
For scribe candidates -80 minutes
|Quantitative Aptitude (Basic Arithmetic Skill)
There will be SSC CHSL negative marking of 0.50 marks for each wrong answer.
Tier-II (Descriptive Paper)
- The Paper would comprise writing of an Essay of 200-250 words and a Letter/ Application of approximately 150-200 words.
- Total Marks = 100 Marks
- Pen and Paper‟ Mode examination.
- paper can be written either in Hindi or in English depending upon choice filled by the candidate during online application form.
- Time duration of the Descriptive Paper will be for one hour (20 minutes extra time for scribe candidates)
- The minimum qualifying marks in Tier-II would be 33 %( per cent).
Tier-III (Skill Test/ SSC CHSL Typing Test):
- This will be conducted on computers .
- Skill Test/ Typing Test will be of qualifying nature.
- Errors in the Skill Test will be calculated up to 2 decimal places.
Skill Test for Data Entry Operator:
Skill Test is mandatory for Data Entry Operators(DEO)
Data Entry Speed of 8,000 (eight thousand) Key Depressions per hour on Computer.
The speed will be adjudged on the basis of the correct entry of words/ key depressions as per the given passage.
The total time for skill test is 15 minutes.
Test will be 15 (Fifteen) minutes and printed matter in English containing about 2000-2200 key-depressions would be given to each candidate who would enter the same in the Computer
For the post of Data Entry Operator Grade A‟ in the Office of the Comptroller and Auditor General of India (C&AG):
- The ‘speed of 15000 key depressions per hour on Computer‟ will be adjudged on the basis of the correct entry of words/ key depressions as per the given passage.
- The time duration of the Test will be 15 (Fifteen) minutes.
- The specially abled candidates having scriber will be given 5 minutes extra time.Therefore duration of Skill Test for such candidates will be 20 minutes.
Typing Test for LDC/ JSA and Postal Assistant/ Sorting Assistant
- The medium of Typing Test will be Hindi or English.
- Candidates opting for English medium should have typing speed of 35 words per minute (w.p.m.) and those opting for Hindi medium should have typing speed of 30 words per minute (w.p.m.).
- Total duration time-10 Minutes
- The speed will be adjudged on the accuracy of typing on the Computer of a given text passage in 10 minutes.
- For specially abled candidates having scriber extra 5 minutes time will be given.Therefore duration of Typing Test for such candidates will be 15 minutes.
At the time of SSC CHSL exam-
- In addition to the Admit Card, it is mandatory to carry at least two passport size recent colour photographs, Original valid Photo-ID proof having the Date of Birth as printed on the Admit Card.
- Aadhaar Card/ Printout of E-Aadhaar, Voter‟s ID Card, Driving License, PAN Card, Passport, ID Card issued by University/ College/ School, Employer ID Card (Govt./ PSU), Ex-serviceman Discharge Book issued by Ministry of Defence. Any other photo bearing valid ID card issued by the Central/ State Government.
- If Photo Identity Card does not have the date of birth printed on it then the candidate must carry an additional original document (e.g. Matriculation Certificate, Marks Sheet issued only by CBSE/ ICSE/ State Boards; Birth Certificate, Category Certificate) in proof of their date of birth.
- PwD candidates using the facility of scribes required to carry required Medical Certificate/ Undertaking/ Photocopy of the Scribe‟s Photo ID Proof, .
EXAM CENTRES for SSC CHSL-
Northern Region (NR)/ Delhi, Rajasthan and Uttarakhand-
Delhi (2201), Ajmer (2401), Alwar (2402), Bharatpur (2403), Bikaner (2404), Jaipur (2405), Jodhpur (2406), Kota (2407), Sriganganagar (2408), Udaipur (2409), Sikar (2411), Dehradun (2002), Haldwani (2003), Haridwar (2005), Roorkee (2006).
Central Region UP & Bihar –
Bhagalpur (3201), Darbhanga (3202), Muzaffarpur (3205), Patna (3206), Purnea (3209), Agra (3001), Bareilly (3005), Gorakhpur (3007), Jhansi (3008), Kanpur (3009), Lucknow (3010), Meerut (3011), Prayagraj (3003), Varanasi (3013).
Eastern Region (ER)/ Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Jharkhand, Odisha, Sikkim and West Bengal
Port Blair (4802), Ranchi (4205), Balasore (4601), Berhampore(Odisha) (4602), Bhubaneshwar (4604), Cuttack (4605), Dhenkenal (4611), Rourkela (4610), Sambalpur (4609), Gangtok (4001), Hooghly (4418), Kolkata (4410), Siliguri (4415).
Karnataka, Kerala Region (KKR)/ Lakshadweep, Karnataka and Kerala
Kavaratti(9401), Belagavi (9002), Bengaluru (9001), Hubballi (9011), Kalaburagi (Gulbarga) (9005), Mangaluru (9008), Mysuru (9009), Shivamogga (9010), Udupi (9012). Ernakulam (9213), Kannur (9202), Kollam (9210), Kottayam (9205), Kozhikode (9206), Thrissur (9212), Thiruvananthapuram (9211).
Madhya Pradesh Sub-Region (MPR)/ Chhattisgarh and Madhya Pradesh
Bilaspur (6202), Raipur (6204), Durg-Bhilai (6205), Bhopal (6001), Gwalior (6005), Indore (6006), Jabalpur (6007), Satna (6014), Sagar (6015), Ujjain (6016),
North Eastern Region (NER)/
Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur,Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland and Tripura.
Itanagar (5001), Dibrugarh (5102), Guwahati(Dispur) (5105), Jorhat (5107), Silchar (5111), Imphal (5501), Churachandpur (5502), Ukhrul (5503),Shillong (5401), Aizwal (5701), Kohima (5302), Agartala (5601).
North Western Sub-Region (NWR)/ Chandigarh, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir, Ladakh and Punjab
Chandigarh/ Mohali (1601), Hamirpur (1202), Shimla (1203), Jammu (1004), Samba (1010), Srinagar(J&K) (1007), Leh (1005), Amritsar (1404), Jalandhar (1402), Ludhiana (1405).
Southern Region (SR)/ Andhra Pradesh, Puducherry, Tamil Nadu and Telangana
Chirala (8011), Guntur (8001), Kakinada (8009), Kurnool (8003), Nellore (8010), Rajahmundry (8004), Tirupati (8006), Vizianagaram (8012), Vijaywada (8008), Vishakhapatnam (8007), Puducherry (8401), Chennai (8201), Coimbatore (8202), Madurai (8204), Salem (8205), Tiruchirapalli (8206), Tirunelveli (8207), Vellore (8208), Hyderabad (8601), Karimnagar (8604), Warangal (8603).
Western Region (WR)/ Dadra and Nagar Haveli, Daman and Diu, Goa, Gujarat and Maharashtra
Panaji (7801), Ahmedabad (7001), Anand (7011), Gandhinagar (7012), Mehsana (7013), Rajkot (7006), Surat (7007), Vadodara (7002), Amravati (7201), Aurangabad (7202), Jalgaon (7214), Kolhapur (7203), Mumbai (7204), Nagpur (7205), Nanded (7206), Nashik (7207), Pune (7208).
Documents required at the time of SSC CHSL document verification (Stage V) before joining for ssc chsl-
- Matriculation/ Secondary Certificate.
- Senior or Higher Secondary Educational Qualification Certificate.
- Order/ letter in respect of equivalent Educational Qualifications claimed, indicating the Authority (with number and date) under which it has been so treated, in respect of equivalent clause in Essential Qualifications, if a candidate is claiming a particular qualification as equivalent qualification.
- Caste/ Category Certificate, if belongs to reserved categories.
- Persons with Disabilities Certificate if applicable.
- Relevant Certificate if seeking any age relaxation.
- No Objection Certificate, in case already employed in Government/ Government undertaking.
How to Apply Online for SSC CHSL (10+2) 2021
- SSC has released ssc chsl official notification 2021 for SSC CHSL Online Form 2020-21.
- One can apply between 06 /11/2020 to 15/12/2020 for ssc chsl.
- Please read the ssc chsl instructions and notification before applying the SSC CHSL form .
- Then check the eligibility ,documents required like –
- Class X Certificate/Mark-sheet(DOB proof)
- Class XII Mark-sheet
- Class XII Certificate
- Diploma Mark-sheet
- Diploma Certificate
- Graduation Degree
- Graduation Mark-sheet
- Kindly ready documents like -Photo, Sign, Thumb etc.
- There are four steps :-
- Step 1 : Registration
- Step 2 : Apply
- Step 3 : Submission
- Step 4 : Fee payment
- Take a printout of finally submitted SSC CHSL application form on A4 size paper .
- Keep the ssc chsl application form for future reference.
Some Important Useful Links
SSC CHSL Apply Online
SSC CHSL Login
SSC CHSL Syllabus 2021
English Language: Spot the Error, Fill in the Blanks, Synonyms/ Homonyms, Antonyms, Spellings/ Detecting mis-spelt words, Idioms & Phrases, One word substitution, Improvement of Sentences, Active/ Passive Voice of Verbs, Conversion into Direct/ Indirect narration, Shuffling of Sentence parts, Shuffling of Sentences in a passage, Cloze Passage, Comprehension Passage.
General Intelligence: It would include questions of both verbal and nonverbal type. The test will include questions on Semantic Analogy, Symbolic operations, Symbolic/ Number Analogy, Trends, Figural Analogy, Space Orientation, Semantic Classification, Venn Diagrams, Symbolic/ Number Classification, Drawing inferences, Figural Classification, Punched hole/ pattern-folding & unfolding, Semantic Series, Figural Pattern-folding and completion, Number Series, Embedded figures, Figural Series, Critical Thinking, Problem Solving, Emotional Intelligence, Word Building, Social Intelligence, Coding and de-coding, Other subtopics, if any Numerical operations.
SSC CHSL Maths Syllabus 2020 (Quantitative Aptitude)
Number Systems: Computation of Whole Number, Decimal and Fractions, Relationship between numbers.
Fundamental arithmetical operations: Percentages, Ratio and Proportion, Square roots, Averages, Interest (Simple and Compound), Profit and Loss, Discount, Partnership Business, Mixture and Allegation, Time and distance, Time and work.
Algebra: Basic algebraic identities of School Algebra and Elementary surds (simple problems) and Graphs of Linear Equations.
Geometry: Familiarity with elementary geometric figures and facts: Triangle and its various kinds of centres, Congruence and similarity of triangles, Circle and its chords, tangents, angles subtended by chords of a circle, common tangents to two or more circles.
Mensuration: Triangle, Quadrilaterals, Regular Polygons, Circle, Right Prism, Right Circular Cone, Right Circular Cylinder, Sphere, Hemispheres, Rectangular Parallelepiped, Regular Right Pyramid with triangular or square Base.
Statistical Charts: Use of Tables and Graphs: Histogram, Frequency polygon, Bar-diagram, Pie-chart.
Trigonometry: Trigonometry, Trigonometric ratios, Complementary angles, Height and distances (simple problems only) Standard Identities .
SSC CHSL General Awareness Syllabus: Questions are designed to test the candidate’s general awareness of the environment around him and its application to society. Questions are also designed to test knowledge of current events and of such matters of everyday observation and experience in their scientific aspect as may be expected of an educated person. The test will also include questions relating to India and its neighboring countries especially pertaining to History, Culture, Geography, Economic Scene, General policy and scientific research.