Sarkari Job e Portal
Union Public Services Commission (UPSC)
|Common Recruitment Process 2020 for Indian Economic Services IES posts|
UPSC Indian Economic Services IES Online Form 2020.The Union Public Services Commission invites online application form for recruitment of IES in Economic Services under Govt. of India.All eligible candidates,those who are interested to join UPSC IES can apply here online.
|Last Date for Apply||01/09/2020|
|Pay Exam Fee Last Date||01/09/2020|
|Written Exam Date||16/10/2020|
|Admit Card Available||October 2020|
|Result Available||Notified Soon|
The candidate should meet the following eligibility criteria for Indian Economic Service :
A candidate must be either :—
- a citizen of India
- a subject of Nepal
- a subject of Bhutan
- a Tibetan refugee who came over to India, before the 1st January, 1962, with the intention of permanently settling in India.
- a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India .
- Post-Graduate Degree in Economics/Applied Economics/Business Economics/ Econometrics from a recognized University in India.
- Final Year/Semester Appearing candidates are also eligible to apply.
Age Limit as on 01/07/2020
- Minimum : 21 Years
- Maximum : 30 Years
- Relaxations in age to reserve category is based on UPSC IES recruitment Rules.
- GEN/OBC/EWS : 200/-
- SC/ST/PH/Ex.SM : 0/-
- Female(All category) : 0/-
- Pay exam fee through Debit Card/Credit Card /Net Banking etc.
Vacancy details :
There are total of 15 vacancies in UPSC Indian Economic Services IES Recruitment 2020.
About The Exam :
There are two stages of exam in UPSC Indian Economic Service-
1)Written exam, 2)Interview
- Written exam consist of six compulsory Papers of total 1000 marks .
- All the papers will be of the Subjective/Written type .
- Question paper will be in english only.
- All questions must be answered in english only.
Written Exam pattern-
|Subject Paper||Maximum Marks||Duration time|
|General English||100||3 Hours|
|General Studies||100||3 Hours|
|General Economics-I||200||3 Hours|
|General Economics-II||200||3 Hours|
|General Economics-III||200||3 Hours|
|Indian Economics||200||3 Hours|
Personality Test/Interview- 200 Marks
Exam centres –
The following different exam centres are available for UPSC Indian Economic Service exam-
Ahmedabad, Jammu, Bengaluru, Kolkata, Bhopal, Lucknow, Chandigarh, Mumbai, Chennai,Patna, Cuttack ,Prayagraj (Allahabad), Delhi, Shillong, Hyderabad, Dispur , Shimla, Jaipur, Thiruvananthapuram.
Due to Increasing cases of COVID-19 the following guidelines are strictly applicable during the UPSC Indian Economic Service exam
|Items permitted in the exam hall||Items not permitted in the exam hall|
|Candidates will be permitted to carry only
a. WEARING A MASK is COMPULSORY
c. Personal transparent water bottle
d. Personal hand sanitizer (50 ml)
e. A simple pen
f. Exam related documents (Call Letter/Admit Card, ID card in Original, Photocopy of ID Card, etc)
g. Call Letter/Admit Card should be brought with the Photocopy of the Photo ID stapled with it. Original ID (same as Photocopy) is also to be brought for verification..
h. In case of Scribe Candidates – Scribe form duly filled and signed with Photograph affixed.
i. If candidate is availing the scribe, then scribe also should bring their own Gloves, N95 Mask, sanitizer (50ml) and water bottle. Wearing a mask is compulsory. Both candidate and Scribe will require to be wearing N95 Mask.
j. A Candidate must have Aarogya Setu App installed on his mobile phone. In case a candidate does not have a smart phone, he/she will have to bring in a signed declaration to this effect (declaration form provided in Annexure- IV)
k. All candidates will be checked with Thermo guns at the entry point for temperature. In case, any person is observed to be having above normal temperature (> 99.14° F) or displaying any symptoms of the virus, they will not be allowed entry into the venue
|Any stationery item like textual material (printed or written), bits of papers, Geometry/Pencil Box,
Plastic Pouch, Calculator, Scale, Writing Pad, Pen Drives, Log Table, Electronic Pen/Scanner etc.
(b) Any communication device like Bluetooth, Earphones, Microphone, Pager, Health Band etc.-
(c) Other items like Goggles, Handbags, Hair-pin, Hair-band, Belt, Cap, etc.
(d) All ornament like Ring, Earrings, Nose-pin, Chain/Necklace, Pendants, Badge, brooch etc. should be thoroughly checked.
(e) Any watch/Wrist Watch, Camera, etc.
(f) Any metallic item
(g) Any eatable item opened or packed
(h) Any other item which could be used for unfair means for hiding communication devices like camera, blue tooth devices etc.
How to Apply Online for UPSC Indian Economic Service
- UPSC has released UPSC Indian Economic Service Online Form 2020 .
- One can apply between 11/08/2020 to 01/09//2020 for UPSC IES.
- Please read the notification before applying UPSC IES online form .
- Then check the eligibility,documents required.
- Kindly Scan the document to be uploaded-Photo, Sign,Thumb etc.
- Before final submission please preview and check your details.
- Take a printout of finally submitted UPSC Indian Economic Service Online Form and keep the same for future reference.
Some Important Useful Links
Pay Exam Fee
Print Application Form